Tuesday, August 10, 2010



So, at 10 months, chloe is starting to stand up from a sitting position, can stand on her own for bits of time, and has also taken a few steps! Pretty exciting! She's also climbing stairs like she's got somewhere to go. Yesterday, I turned my back for 1 minute and she was gone - already in the kitchen from the basement. Funny stuff. Also yesterday, we were in her bedroom, I was sorting through some clothes, turn around and she is sitting in her rocking chair! She was trying to get down, I helped her with one leg and she figured out the rest. Then she did it again! Man, how fast they grow up and learn.
The other day, while I was rocking Chloe before nap, I was thinking how awesome she does at bedtimes. It seems like just yesterday I was so stressed out about her difficulties with going to bed. I was so stressed out about it and all of the sudden I have forgotten about it. Weird.
It seems to be the same with the weaning - We are eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Nursing before naps and bedtime. So, there has been quite a bit of weaning goin' on! Now, I just need to add snacks and take out the before nap nursings (2 naps a day). I can start that next week.
Chloe has really started to show me her true colors lately; lots of temper tantrums! When she is not getting what she wants, she lets us know! Changing her diaper for example has proven to be a chore. She likes to twist and scream. When she is sitting on her changing table and I am trying to change her clothes, if she doesn't like it she arches her back, throws herself back hitting her head on the wall if I don't stop her! She is throwing a tantrum in the second picture at the table! She was definitely done eating ;). She is very strong willed...Ben, was the same way (my mother just reminded me of that).
As long as Chloe gets her sleep, she's pretty much good to go!

1 comment: